Does someone you love need care and companionship that you can’t always provide? Independence Place at Whiting Healthcare Center may be the perfect solution.
Independence Place offers a Medical Day Program for seniors who primarily seek companionship and guidance but who may also require some medical attention in a safe supportive environment.
Our adult day program is designed to build self-esteem and courage, prolong independence at home, and provide companionship for
older adults who:
• Require daily nursing attention
• Are physically challenged
• Have Alzheimer’s disease and/or other cognitive disorders
• Need opportunities for companionship and stimulation
• Are frail and require supervision and assistance with activities of daily living
• Are being cared for by a friend or family member who is unable to provide full-time care
• Door-to-door transportation to the Center is provided in
• Individualized and therapeutic activities are offered to meet
the diverse needs and interests of our clients and to promote
• Nutritious meals and snacks that meet special dietary needs
• Physical, occupational and speech therapies are provided
as ordered by a physician
• Podiatry care is available monthly or by appointment
• Dental consultant services and personal care services
• Transport provisions for lab work
• Onsite hair stylist for women and men
"With both my husband and me working, we needed to make sure Grandpa was happy and socially engaged during the day. The adult day care program at Whiting was the perfect solution. We were able to go to work free from worry, knowing he was well taken care of."
-- Kate C.
Caring for an older adult can be physically, emotionally and financially draining. We can help share in the care of your loved one and allow you precious time for yourself. Federal, state and county programs provide funding opportunities for those who qualify. Contact us for more information.